Visiting Staff and Guest Lecturers

StaffNon-EU/EEA Citizens

Citizens of non EU/EEA countries may stay and work in Iceland for up to 90 days without a required residence and work permit. This applies to research based work, paid by a non-Icelandic employer.

Citizens of certain countries may require a visa to enter Iceland. See more information here.

Non-EU/EEA citizens who plan to work in Iceland for more than 90 days are required to have a residence permit and should seek assistance from the Relocation Service.

Fulbright scholars do need to contact the Fulbright Commission in Iceland for further information.

EU/EEA Citizens

Visiting staff and guest lecturers from EU/EEA countries do not need special permits to stay and work in Iceland temporarily. Staff who do not plan to relocate to Iceland and register their legal domicile in Iceland fall into this category.

Þú ert að nota: