IceIt depends on your citizenship whether you need a residence and work permit to be able to work in Iceland.

Citizens of EU/EEA member states do not need permits but non EU/EEA citizens do. We offer assistance in obtaining a residence and work permit in Iceland.


As the housing market in Reykjavik is quite hectic we strongly recommend that you secure housing prior to your arrival.


Incoming doctorate students are encouraged to apply for a room at the UI dormitory as soon as they have been accepted into their study program. The registration fee needs to be paid in order to have the housing application become activated.

Please apply at the Student Housing page.


Þú ert að nota: